Thursday, July 3, 2008

The "Disobedient Client"

NOTE: This is a continuation of Clients from the Pit: Top Signs You Should Run... And Fast - from the WWHW newsletter, Write Happy! If you're not subscribed, you're missing out!


OK, the title for that client’s tongue-in-cheek, but you’ll understand.

We all have different ways that we best absorb information. For some, if they hear something, it’s burned into their brains forever. Others (like me) need to see information.

Tell me something, and I’m going to try to remember – but you take your chances.

I always ask clients to email me with details. If I’ve got to take notes as you speak, I’m missing something. If I don’t take notes, I can’t depend on my memory serving it up a week from now – intact.

Yes, of course, I aim to please – but short of having our phone call transcribed, I’m not sure how to accommodate the client who won’t just email.


How do YOU prefer to communicate with your clients?

Hey, if you want to read the others on the list, subscribe! I'll get it out to you along with your copy of the free report "Top 5 Tactics to Boost Your Writing Business" - but you'll only get this edition of the newsletter if you sign up before 7/10.

No comments: