Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Here's a niche for you: blogging!

Internet marketers of all stripes are catching on...

Blogging CAN be a very time-consuming process, and one (if you can't write) that's even less pleasant than waiting for a small child to choose a treasure from the dentist office's goodie box.

What are they doing with this realization? Hiring freelance writers to blog for them. Now, of course when blogs first came out, there were lots that I'd classify as vanity publishing.

- What I ate for breakfast (snuck a chocolate chip bagel with cream cheese instead of my usual protein shake)
- What my dog is doing right now (sleeping, of course)
- Favorite songs (just downloaded the soundtrack from 50 First Dates)
... that kind of thing.

And that kind of blogging would be pretty hard to outsource.

Now, of course, it's a whole new ballgame. Blogs are an integral component of a successful online marketing campaign. But they're still a lot of work! That's good news for freelance writers - if you can get good at creating posts that get read!

Here's a little guide I found, and thought I'd pass on to you:

Nine Signs of an Effective Blog Post

No comments: