Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm STEAMED! But also up for another freelance writing challenge

Making the rounds today, and popped in to see what was shaking on Guru, and found out....

The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!!


OK, so not really, but sort of.

They've got a little announcement up there that felt like a punch in the gut (for a few minutes, at least).

The Guru ranking system is getting a major makeover that's effective January 2009. There's a LOT of text to wade through to understand the ins and outs of the new system, the reasons for the change, and what you need to do in light of the change.

But all I could see was this:

Your current rank: 1
Your new rank: 89

Weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth.... I've worked so hard; it's not fair; waah waah waah (how do you spell that?) --- hey, I went victim, I had my 7 minutes of whining, and now I'm done.

I've sent a little note to Guru's powers that be asking for some clarification on improving the "new" rank, and will let you know what I hear.

As ever, I still think it's the best site out there for finding writing gigs - a wonderful way to get your writing business started. Before, the formula for getting a high ranking was (in a nutshell): bid consistently, do a great job, repeat.

Now I'm up for the challenge of moving my new rank up in ranks, too. Er... once I figure out the new system!

Out of curiosity... what's your current and new rank? (I'm guessing that for some, the new system may be a good thing...)

No comments: