Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Freelance writer falls in love with dragon, lives happily ever after

Hmmm, would that make me a princess?

The analogy's kind of falling apart, but the point still holds:

Other than the occasional (and often hysterically funny) mis-speak/mis-hear, I am really loving using Dragon Naturally Speaking.



I wasn't sure how well I'd do, speaking instead of typing. To be honest, I'm really not an eloquent or easy speaker. And I type pretty darned fast. So it was kind of a balance between curiosity and hopefulness when I bought my Dragon.

Now I use it every day.

Depending on the particulars, I'm knocking out some projects in less than half the time it would have taken me if I were typing.

Definitely need to edit and proofread, because either I've got more of a weird accent than I thought - or Dragon's not always a good listener. But it's always easier to edit than to type.

If you've got an older computer, you'll probably need Dragon 9 instead of 10.

Maybe Santa will bring you one! (This price is really low - I paid almost twice this!)

No comments: