Saturday, September 6, 2008

Freelance Writing: One of my favorite perks!

Jupiter.

Huge gassy planet? Well, yeah. But I'm talking about Jupiter, FL.

One of my favorite perks about being a freelance writer is that I can work pretty much anywhere. With a laptop, internet access, and some level of quiet, my business is completely portable. Throw in the cache of writing in a coffee house, plus a nice little caffeine buzz, and it feels downright Hemingway-ish. (Oh my gosh, he'd bust a gut laughing at the comparison!)

Our family took a mini-vacation to Jupiter recently and I got some writing done in the hours before my sleepy family woke up. Portability is a great feature in a business. So is something I'll call "time portability." You see, clients don't care WHEN you wrote their material - as long as it's great. They don't care that you were in shorts and flip-flops, sitting by the pool. They just want excellent copy - delivered on-time, at the price you've agreed on.

Got to love this business!

No comments: