Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Funny places freelance writers write

You know what? I'm going to be a little nosey here, because I just want to know...

Where do you write?

My prediction: Most will say either the kitchen table or the dining room table.

And I've done that, too - and sometimes do.

But for a long stretch, I worked from "the blue chair" in my bedroom. It's an old Lazy-Boy that's been around longer than my kids. It's comfy, roomy, and I've gotten a TON of work done sitting there.

However, on those crazy days where it's time to pick up the kids from school and I realize I still haven't gotten into the shower, going anywhere near anything with "lazy" in the name just feels... wrong!

Here's an article about a spot that's been pretty hot for writers so far.

Bozeman Montana Local News

1 comment:

Kate said...

In the big beanbag chair in my 'office' that I keep saying i want to get rid of, the sofa, my bed. Rarely: dining table or desk. Would maybe consider writing from the chair in MY bedroom but it's always piled with clothes?