Saturday, June 21, 2008

So, how do YOU answer this question?

I've talked some about how funny it can be answering the ubiquitous question, "So, what do you do?"

It's gotten a lot easier recently - probably for a couple of reasons:

- I've found a more precise, yet concise answer (mostly for when I'm networking): "I'm a commercial writer (no pause here) - I specialize in..."
- I've also got a good general-purpose answer: "I'm a writer." (I used to hate that because the next question was always, "What books have you written?" and I didn't have any -- but now I do! Here's mine in case you don't have it yet: Working Writer Happy Writer: How to Build a Thriving Writing Business from NOTHING

Here's Jennifer's take on the subject.

Why I Hate the Question “So, what do you do?” - SavingAdvice.com Blog

How do you answer that question?

No comments: